Saturday, December 20, 2014

ODE TO ART featuring Coplu

When I walked into Ode To Art Raffles City gallery this afternoon, I wanted to see one or two of those vivid and invigorating paintings of dreams by Coplu which I recalled seeing before.

Although I did not get to see the ones with a black backdrop on dreams, the staff obliged to let me take some snapshots which are shown below for your viewing pleasure and inspiration:



Guarding My Soul's Dreams



Dreaming A Trusting Friendship



I'll Find New Dreams For You



Introducing Coplu


Coplu

As sourced from Ode To Art web site, Coplu was born in the town of Ushak, Turkey and is now based in the United States. He is a self-taught artist whose accolades include the following:

* Special Talent Prize International Nasreddin Hodja Cartoon Competition –Turkey. 

* 2nd Prize, 3rd prize and Mention, International Okhotsk Cartoon Competition –Japan. 

* Honorable Mention, International Taejon Cartoon Competition -Korea 

* 3rd Prize, International Simavi Cartoon Competition -Turkey


In his own words, Coplu says, "My work is a mirror that reflects the feelings, beliefs, thoughts, fears and experiences that we all share in life. The subjects of my paintings are the relationships between ourselves, and the environments we are connected to. My figures are mostly on the edge of contrasting feelings such as hope and despair, joy and pain, love and hate. I aim to provoke viewer's thoughts with contradictions because most of our acts and instincts encompass these. 

Generally, there are three strong elements in my paintings that I have the privilege to combine, all of which I try to express a vibrancy through - color, humor and technique. Being raised alongside broad cultural diversities, where all feelings and levels of expression were represented by color, they became very much part of my life. Humor is a key element in my paintings as I try to see the funny side in all things - I believe it is one of the most effective ways to open minds and raise consciousness.

Being a self taught artist I have had the opportunity of developing my free style and uniqueness through having a free soul and mind. I try to combine my creative elements in a simple, instinctive way so that they strike a chord with anybody who has experienced what life brings their way.
I have just recently decided to publish my work for the first time in 20 years offering collectors exclusive limited edition prints. 
Life is Beautiful… "

To find out more about Coplu or request to view some of his paintings, please refer to www.odetoart.com 

For your further viewing of Coplu's paintings, please enjoy a visit at http://coplu.com


No comments:

Post a Comment