Thursday, January 30, 2020

Is Timing Everything?

This morning I left my mobile at home and realised it before reaching the subway station. So I backtracked and lost precious time. It could have been worse if I had already boarded the train.

Photo by Fabrizio Verrecchia on Unsplash
Yesterday around lunch time the clinic was crowded and I was deterred from joining the long queue for a medical review so as to replenish my medicine. This afternoon I tried again and had a premonition that it would not be crowded. I didn't think it could be the case and dismissed the thought.

When I reached the clinic it was relatively empty with only three persons ahead of me in the queue. Not long after, the crowd showed up for medical consultation as well as for the procurement of face masks in light of the Wuhan epidemic. 

After collecting my medicine I picked up a chicken curry puff for a quick bite from the same stall that I bought breakfast from yesterday. The same lady who had served me yesterday smiled and greeted me,"Happy Lunar New Year!". I had an inkling that she might have mistook me for someone else. 

She continued with, "Have you taken your lunch?" I held up the pastry and said, "I am having this for lunch." Yesterday morning she looked so stressed up whereas this afternoon she was so chirpy.

Timing may not be everything, but good timings had certainly made my day in spite of a bad start.


No comments:

Post a Comment