Sunday, July 19, 2015

The 5 Languages of Love by Dr Gary Chapman

In case you are still clueless when it comes to love, fret not, as you get attuned to the 5 languages of love profferred by Dr Gary Chapman.

According to Dr Chapman, the 5 love languages are as follows:

1. Words of Affirmation;
2. Quality Time;
3. Receiving Gifts;
4. Acts of Service; and
5. Physical Touch.

If you are interested to know more, please look up http://www.5lovelanguages.com/ and explore how you can discover your primary and secondary love languages. Get your significant other to do so, as well, so that you could learn to speak each other's love languages and, thereby, help to foster your relationship with each other.

Be sure to check out the Free Tools, and also look up the FAQs at the aforesaid web site which answers queries such as:

What if I cannot discover my primary love language?

What if I cannot discover my spouse’s love language?

Why do you think The 5 Love Languages has been so successful?

What if I speak my spouse’s love language and they don’t respond?

Can emotional love return when it has been gone for thirty years?

Love is a powerful emotion that can either energize us when we are full and deplete us when we are running empty. It is thus imperative to keep the flame of love burning bright in our heart and find all the help we can get to keep on loving ourselves, the people in our lives, our community and our planet.

"Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you.' " -- Erich Fromm

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable." -- Bruce Lee

"Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead." -- Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment