Saturday, September 5, 2020

Strudel On The Ritz

'Do not judge a book by its cover'. While that may be true of books, when it comes to good tasting food, it is generally true that food with the looks would go down well with the stomach.

Apple strudel (not a good-looker) is a pastry that has not caught my attention and I often wonder why anyone would crave for it, let alone, build a business around it. That is until I took my first bite of it, unwittingly.

What happened was I had bought a small apple strudel from Ritz Apple Strudel  & Pastry knowing that there is someone at home who loves apples. However, it was left unconsumed in the fridge. 

When I sunk my teeth into it, the light crisp crust melted and gave way to sumptuous chewy bits of glazed apples which still have firmness in them. This experience has elevated my ranking of the strudel above both the pie and crumble varieties.

That said, not all apple strudels are created equal. The ones at Ritz Apple Strudel  & Pastry give me a happy tummy and garner my double thumbs up. 

The following is a blurb from their website:-

"It has been almost two decades since we launched our first outlet at Bukit Timah’s Sixth Avenue in the year 2000. We now are serving our fellow Singaporeans in several locations across Singapore in shopping malls including Bugis Junction, Tampines Mall, and Bedok Mall; counters at road shows; and features at food festivals. We take pride in researching and creating new pastries to better delight our fans. All of our products are made without lard, alcohol, trans-fat, preservatives, or artificial sweeteners."

Click here for more on Ritz Apple Strudel & Pastry.



1 comment: