Saturday, February 6, 2016

How To Find Yourself?

How do we find ourselves? One possible answer came literally on a T-shirt that I came across recently one morning and it made my day. I thought of asking the gentleman who was wearing it to let me take a pix, but stopped short of it out of a sense of decorum (you know, in case he minds).

So, I turned to the internet and found that it is actually an illustrious quote which originated from a renowned Greek philosopher, Socrates. Enjoy and feed on this:
Image Credits: www.tufing.com

What this means is that we have to make our own decisions rather than let others such as family members, friends, relatives, peers or advertisers, decide for us. After all, we are the ones who have to live with the ramifications of our choices.

Image Credits: thoughts.dwaynekilbourne.com

However, there is a time to consult or seek the help of others who are wiser and/or more in the know of the situation we are facing so that we can make a wise and prudent decision. Also, it helps to stay within the boundaries of what is legal and morally upright. 

We don't have to be acceptable to others, if we can handle this. Seek out a decision that we are happy with and pleasing unto God our Creator rather than retreat to please other people per se and all the time at that.

A word of caution: 
"If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive." -- Audre Lorde

Further, as gleaned from the following quote by Sir George Bernard Shaw, why not create the person you wanna be and not just stopped at finding out what suits you now? 

Image Credits: focusnjoy.com
Be refreshed and create yourself a new suit or gown!




No comments:

Post a Comment