Thursday, April 21, 2011

I Need a Better Brain!


It is okay to ask for what you need for you might just get it! I mean the good stuffs, of course – not those things which might harm you or run afoul morally and legally.

In my case, I found myself uttering some weeks ago, “I need a better brain!” It actually sounded like a plea rather than a mere wishful thought. I think this came about as I have been discovering more than ever that how we respond to life’s situation is vital if we want to live life with vitality. While two different persons may be facing the same situation, the way they go about resolving it makes all the difference to their world!

Thus, I have started using my brain a lot more so as to sort out my life better and achieve (hopefully!) a better quality of life. Nothing earth-shaking, just the rudiment of making better daily decisions (what, when, who, where, and/or how) and choosing the best path or decision. And, to me, a better brain simply gives sterling results. Now I know, without a shadow of doubt, why some people are good, better and great. Yes, we do well to excel in life; to develop and bring out the potential and in-built ability that God our Creator has already deposited in us.

Well, in answer to my humbling prayer, two notable things have happened. First up, my fellow cell group friends gave me a bottle of activated Ginkgo biloba extract tablets for my recent birthday. It is an “advanced health care supplement” which purports to improve blood circulation (to the brain). Secondly, I was piqued to try out Lumosity after chancing upon it when reading a complimentary copy of The Asian Wall Street Journal. At its website, Lumosity offers brain games (“Every brain needs a gym”) as part of its mission to improve brain health and performance in areas such as speed, attention, memory, problem-solving and flexibility.

Both the aforesaid products seem to be working out for me just fine. I am hopeful as I continue to live my life in the power of the Holy Spirit of God and embrace all the good that He brings to me. God has answered my prayer in an unexpected manner. All glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment